FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are 3D/4D ultrasounds?
- 3D ultrasounds produce 3-dimensional images of baby in flesh tones. The features on 3D ultrasounds are much more distinguishable than the gray-scale images of a 2D ultrasound. 4D ultrasounds provide the ability to see the 3-dimensional images in real time. This is what allows us to see baby kicking, sucking his thumb, and wiggling around on the ultrasound.
What is HD Live?
- HD Live is the latest in 3D/4D technology. HD Live is trademarked by GE in their Voluson line of ultrasound machines which are the gold standard in obstetric imaging. While the output intensity and frequency is the same as standard ultrasounds, the software works its magic to produce truly lifelike images of baby! Meet Your Miracle is the only facility equipped with HD Live in the area.
When can I get my 3D/4D ultrasound?
- We offer 3D/4D scans from 12 weeks on. The best time depends on what you are looking for. For early ultrasounds, the baby is still pretty tiny and is a good time to get a look of the whole body as opposed to a very clear facial image. Around 24-25 weeks, the face starts to fill out, and you can see the features becoming much more defined. Around 28-30 weeks, you will start to see the chubby cheeks and baby lips. It is at this time that you are more likely to see what baby will look like. If you are interested in seeing baby grow and change, check our our “Watch Me Grow” package.
Will my insurance cover this ultrasound?
- No. Meet Your Miracle is an elective ultrasound facility.
Do I need a doctor’s prescription for this ultrasound?
- No. Meet Your Miracle does not perform ultrasounds for diagnostic purposes, so there is no need for a doctor’s order.
Do any of the ultrasounds done at Meet Your Miracle take the place of the ultrasounds done at my doctor’s office?
- No. We only complete elective ultrasounds for the purpose of seeing and bonding with baby. We do not perform diagnostic services at Meet Your Miracle, so it is still necessary to get all medically necessary ultrasounds through your doctor. You need to be in the care of a physician or midwife to get an ultrasound at Meet your Miracle.
Are 3D/4D ultrasounds safe?
- 3D/4D ultrasounds use the same frequency and intensity as the 2D ultrasounds performed by your doctor. In the 35+ years of use, ultrasounds have not been associated with increased risks or side effects. Meet Your Miracle only uses registered sonographers and well-maintained equipment to ensure the highest levels of safety.
Are you able to determine the gender of the baby?
- Yes, we are able to determine the gender of the baby after about 16 weeks if you desire those results. Gender determination is not guaranteed on the first session due to some limiting factors, such as fetal position, placental placement, or amount of amniotic fluid etc. If, for any reason, we cannot determine the gender after 16 weeks, we are happy to schedule another appointment at a later date at no additional charge.
- If you prefer to keep the gender of the baby a secret, we can still do a 3D/4D scan! Just be sure to let us know ahead of time, and we will review the images before displaying them on the large screen to ensure we don’t reveal any telling details!
Is there anything that I need to do before my ultrasound?
- Drinking water helps increase amniotic fluid, which can help produce higher quality images. We recommend that you stay well hydrated for the the week prior to your appointment.
- You also need to be sure you are in the care of a physician or midwife prior to scheduling your appointment at Meet Your Miracle.
Will I get pictures like the ones I see on your website?
- Image quality does vary depending on a number of factors such as amniotic fluid levels and baby’s positioning. At the sonographer’s discretion, a make-up session can be scheduled.
Can you come to me?
- Yes! We actually prefer it that way! Our fully functioning ultrasound machine is the size of a laptop. We can come to you if you prefer a more intimate setting or would like to have your ultrasound done at a gender reveal party or your baby shower with all your friends and family. Have machine, will travel! If you are not sure of a location, just call. We can make it happen.
Do I need an appointment?
- Yes, our ultrasounds are by appointment only. You can contact us to make an appointment that is convenient for you. We try to be accommodating to the needs of our clients, and are available for evening and weekend sessions. Weekends and Miracle Pop Ups do fill up the fastest though, so be sure to book in advance to ensure your spot!
What is the Gender Surprise Package option?
- The Gender Surprise Packaging is an add-on option we offer at Meet Your Miracle to make your gender reveal party a truly memorable experience. We have 2 great options! When combined with our mobile option, we can come to your party with two prepackaged heartbeat animals of your choice: one for a girl and one for a boy. Then, we will give the mommy-to-be the right one to open once we find the baby’s gender through the ultrasound. OR Come to us before your gender reveal party for a private ultrasound, and we will send you home with an animal of your choice all wrapped up for you to open up at your party! We have a selection of pink and blue animals to choose from, or choose any animal with a bow tie or a tutu to tell you what you will be having!